Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Dream is to Blog for the Huffington Post

Yes, I want to blog for the Huffington Post. This has been a long time dream of mine. With school behind me, I think the time is right for me to pitch an idea to Huffington. First, I have to do my research and really analyze the content and format of the blogs they publish. Then I have to fine tune my pitch to them. Right now I read a lot of their blogs and follow a lot of their blog writers on Twitter.

One of my professors writes for the New York Times and has contacts in the Huffington Post, so I may ask him for a bit of help. Last fall when I took blogging class, we had a field trip to the New York Times in New York City and it was fantastic being there. Sometimes our blogging class goes to Huffington and one year they got to meet Ariana Huffington herself. Very cool!

For me, it would be an honor and a personal achievement to blog for Huffington. I enjoy reading many of their blog, particularly the ones that pertain to family, motherhood and adoption.  For me, it would solidify my status as a communications professional. I have some interesting stories to tell, and hope to touch people's hearts and minds with my words. If anyone reading this has ties to Huffington or can give me some solid advice, please contact me. I would really appreciate it.

No comments: