Sunday, January 14, 2007

This January is tough!

This January has been tough. My daughter had a bout with some terrible viral thing that caused high fever and a trip to the ER for dehydration. My husband has also been sick and I have had bronchitis for over a week.

I think the reason it's so tough is the reminders. Last year on my daughters' third birthday (January 7th), we announced to our families, I was pregnant. A month later I had a miscarriage. I got pregnant again later in 2006 only to have another miscarriage. That baby was due Jan 30, 2007 and I was eyeing 1/16 as the c section date. A co worker of mine is due January 30th and less than happy about her little surprise. She has two older children and did not want another. She said when she found out she was pregnant, she took a week off from work and just cried for a week straight. Well. She's having a C section this week. I guess you could call it a reversal of fortune for both of us. I cried for a week when I had miscarriage number one and cried for three days straight for miscarriage number two. I can't even listen to certain songs as they remind me of what I have lost. One that brings tears to my eyes in Lee Ann Rimes "Probably wouldn't be this way".

Every day I have hope that the phone could ring and one phonecall could change our lives. I have to believe that. Our adoption could be one phone call away. Every day I pray that our little miracle will find us through adoption and our family will be complete. I guess I will have to patient and pray that another little one is meant to join our family!

No comments: