Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Is this a sign?

Well on Sunday night, I had a very nice conversation with a birthmom that is due in 5 weeks. She sounds serious about placing the baby for adoption. Our profile was overnighted yesterday and she should get it today. All we can do is cross our fingers that this turns out to be our baby and not just another disappointment.

Here's the ironic thing. I woke up this morning to what sounded like a newborn baby crying. I don't know where it came from. Our bedroom window was partially open, but nobody in the neighborhood has a baby. I thought maybe it was a kitten, but it really didn't sounds like one, it sounded like a newborn crying. I know it was not in my mind I really, really heard it. There are condos up the hill from us, so my best guess is that's where it came from. In my mind I took this as a sign of things to come. Maybe I will be waking up to the sound of a newborn crying very very soon!

No comments: