Sunday, September 14, 2014

My Adoption Research Blog

Last Fall, I took in class in my masters program on Blogging. I decided to blog about adoption and did a great job. I received an A for the class. I then asked my professor if I could take my existing blog and refocus it to be more about domestic adoption research and do this in lieu of a thesis. We sought permission from the department chair and it was approved, making me only the second student at Pace University to be able to do a blog in place of a thesis.

I wanted to focus my thesis on adoption research, but knowing only a handful of people will read it and none have ties to adoption, made me think. If I am going to do all this research, shouldn't the information be out there for the public to see, read and learn from? My wish was granted and I conducted various types of research, including conducting a few surveys. My blog was pretty well read and my professor was trying to get my blog featured on the Huffington Post, but it never panned out.

I think my goal was to really help hopeful adoptive parents see what domestic adoption is like in 2014 and how the internet plays a role in adoption.

From January to May 2014, the blog focuses on my thesis question, "Social media and online presence are a growing source of domestic adoption matches in the United States

If you want to read my blog visit: http://searchingforjuno.wordpress.com/

No comments: