Friday, January 25, 2008

A little depressing this time of year...

I find it a little depressing this time of year, personally. I never liked winter much. The cold, getting dark so early and of course the snow that comes with living in the Northeast. We've had no snow to talk about this year-so I am happy for that! Very happy! Every time they predict it, it doesn't happen!

I guess as February draws near, I am reminded more and more of my first miscarriage. Today my sister told me my cousin is pregnant and due in early September. I was due September 9th. I guess that stirred up memories a little early this year. Last year was rough, but I thought because it was the first year, it would be. I thought this year it would be less painful, as I was blessed to have found our 8 month old daughter. I learned that adding someone to your family doesn't take away the loss of another. I will always think of that baby girl as "Gianna". That was the name I wanted to name her. I was convinced she would look like me with jet black hair and eyes and live up to her Italian name. When we adopted our daughter, we never even considered naming her that, we immediately knew we'd have to choose a completely different, less ethnic name. There would never be another Gianna, she would always be my angel-waiting for me in heaven someday.

Even though my heart is heavy, I will try to keep busy, and be upbeat. I am so lucky to have two beautiful healthy girls. I will always be thankful for them. I do believe my angels brought my baby girl to me-there is no other way to explain the series of events that led to her adoption.

I just keep thinking-Spring is coming!!! Like the Beatles sang "Here comes the sun!"

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right

No comments: