Saturday, January 12, 2008

What a week!!! Big girls don't cry!



What a week! It was a pretty good week and went by so fast. Monday by big girl turned 5. We had visitors Monday and Tuesday. The weather was great for early December with the whole week having high temps in the 50s and 60s. A springlike tease. Then today we topped off the week with a trip to the mall to get a pair of 5 year old ears pierced!!!





My aunt and uncle mailed my daughter a birthday card with a $20 gift card to Claire's botique, which is in our local mall. She was so excited and called it her credit card. I had to explain to her that once the $20 was used, they took the card. She decided the other day she wanted her ears pierced and my husband and I agreed it was time. She told her friends at school yesterday and her friends at dance today. Her cousins, aunt, grandma and great grandma all joined her for support!! We picked out medium sized gold balls. The woman that did it was great! She did one side and then my daughter said it hurt and did not want the other side done. We coaxed her for a minute and she held my hands (at one point I thought we were walking out there with one earring!). She was so happy and proud when it was all over. Like Fergie says "Big Girls Don't Cry".
I have to say the earrings make her look like a big girl and a little more Italian. LOL! Here's my big girl before she got her ears pierced!

Here she is with her cousins..



Here she is after-showing off one ear-sorry I did not get a picture of the woman doing it!

No comments: