Monday, January 07, 2008

My big girl turned 5 today!

Where has the time gone? My big girl is 5 already! We celebrated yesterday with a family party (about 20 people). Today at school, we brought in a special snack and her class sang happy birthday to her. Tonight I made her favorite dinner-steak, rice and corn and a chocolate chip birthday cookie! We sang again, my best friend and her family came over. Next Sunday is the kiddie party at a local gym-15 kids will be there!!! I think we celebrated plenty! We're getting partied out. She was so happy and proud that today was her birthday. We had it announced on the local radio station this morning!!! She was thrilled!





It was 5 years ago today that I gave birth to Jacqueline via C-section which I opted for. Diagnosed with a rare heart problem, I thought it would be best for the baby. A stupid doctor told me to terminate the baby at 20 weeks because her heart was on the opposite side of her chest (dextracardia), they thought it was a rare disearse called heterotaxy syndrome and that all her organs were reversed. Thank God, I went for a bunch of scans in NYC and it was determined that just her heart was malpositioned and all blood flow to the heart was correct.



I wasn't completely relieved until January 7, 2003 when I saw for myself this tiny, but healthy little girl! A girl-I would have bet the house I was having a boy! I refused to find out, even though the info was in my folder. What an exciting, happy day for our family. I felt physically horrible, but otherwise overjoyed with our miracle baby!





Happy birthday baby-I love you so much! At 5, you are my little sidekick and buddy. We go places, talk, read and shop together. You're no longer a baby or toddler, but a little girl.



Here's my princess shortly after birth and here is a picture of her taken tonight in her ballet PJs. What a difference 5 years makes!!!






No comments: