Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ads, Ads and more Adoption ads!!!

I can't keep track anymore! I have so many adoption ads out there, if it were not for my trusty spreadsheet, I'd lost track weeks ago. Next week, adoption ads in military papers, bi weekly papers, and new states we have not advertised in! You put in 20 ads in hopes of getting one call from a potential birthmom. The good thing is you don't need 10 calls, although that would be great-you just need one call from the right woman. One connection is all it takes. A connection that lasts till the end. More than likely, you and this woman will be exchanging communication for years to come, so it's a special relationship between a birthmother and the adoptive parents.

Every day I say to my husband-today we could get a call that could change our lives! Even thought adoption is an emotional rollercoaster. Every day, I am filled with hope that one are one day closer to finding our son or daughter! I have to believe that and approach every day like it's a new day. So far 2007 has been much kinder to me than 2006 and I think the best is yet to come!

1 comment:

KRISTI said...

The best is yet to come. It seems like just yesterday, we started the process for DD #1 and she's now been home w/ us for 16 months AND DD#2 has been home w/ us for 2 months. Never would have thought it when we were first TTC.