Saturday, February 17, 2007

My sister is so Naive

My sister is 35 years old, went to college, is married with two kids. How could she be so naive? We grew up in New York for God's sake. We lived in New York City as children.

We were talking about Anna Nicole Smith and I was talking about how she took meth while pregnant (the thought of which just kills me). Today, I had to explain to her what meth was. She had no idea what it was, why people use it, etc. Hello!!! My grandmother is 80 and she knew what Meth was. I even told her that people were using sudafed to make Meth and that is why it's behind the counter now at the pharmacy. I guess maybe the word to describe her is oblivious!

Last week she was in shock for days because a friend (female) told her that another mutual friend of theirs (also female) was hitting on her and did it more than once. My sister was absolutely shocked. Her flirtatious friend could not be interested in another woman! No way, impossible! She has a good job, she has two kids, a husband, goes to church and doesn't curse! Well obviously there is another side to her. My sister said for days, "I can't believe so and so would make a pass at a woman". Believe it sister!!!

I guess that makes me the streetwise one, I don't think anyting could shock me at this point. I have seen, witnessed and heard too many things in my life to have anything really phase me! Maybe I have become desensitized and have a broader view of life. Whatever the case, she needs to get with the program, research stuff and read the newspaper. I think my seven and nine year old neices are a little more savvy that she is when it comes to certain things!

No comments: