Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The best part of my day!

We had a bad flood in our basement this past Friday-thousands of dollars of stuff ruined. Precious photos gone. Two days or pumping out water and cleaning out the basement-not fun. We're getting the basement waterproofed on Thursday and I am trying to put it behind us.

I haven't gotten any calls to speak of from our adoption advertising. I did get one tonight for a really nice girl who only lived an hour away and who I immediately liked. She thinks she is three months along, hasn't been to the doctor yet and will call me next week. I want to talk to a woman that's due in a month or two-everyone I talk to is due in August. I feel bummed. Some days I feel hopeless and think a baby will never join this family.

I had have one bright spot in my day. I get into work and listen to my voicemail. Last night my husband dialed by work number and let our daughter leave a message. Just hearing a voicemail from her in her cute four year old voice melted my heart. I had to save it. She said "I love you Mommy, have a nice day!" I will replay that at work every time I feel down. Next year I want two little voices to be leaving me messages!!! That's my goal and I'm sticking to it!!!

2 comments:

Colette said...

I am so sorry to hear about your basement! That is a true bummer! Your baby is on it's way...don't forget it! You brought tears to my eyes about your daughter leaving a message for you! Remember you ARE truly blessed! Hugs and Blessings

Kim said...

I am going to pass your information along to my sister. Your website sounds like you have such a wonderful family. I hope my sister realizes that the only way for her to truly give her child every advantage in life is to create an adoption plan with a loving, stable family like yours. I hope that she will call you. She's had problems in the past but she seems to be taking care of her health now. (She even quit smoking.) Good luck!