Friday, March 30, 2007

Adoption headaches

OK now I know why I have headaches every day, all day. Litterally-there is not enough Alleve for me.

Placing ads and following up to see your ad appears in the newspaper correctly is time consuming. Talking to folks in the classifieds dept. takes time too. My lawyer has been calling with different things to tell me. Mailing out our adoption business cards with a letter to friends and family.Updating our adoption website to spiffy it up. Calls from women that just sound unbelievable or never call back. Scamming emails for Cameroon with promises of a baby. Other adoptive parents emailing me with advice or looking for assistance. Keeping up my blog. It's become a full time job. I barely sleep at night. When I hit the pillow I am out cold, but I go to bed at Midnight or later every night. Don't even ask about cleaning the house-that's another whole story. I really could use a vacation. I told my husband that when we are blessed with a baby, I will be so relieved mentally, that I will finally be at ease-at least mentally.

NY is such a strange state. We can't use a facilitator or referral agency.
American Adoptions and Adoption Network Law Center can work with 49 states,
guess with one they can't work with? You got it-New York!

I have been placing a good amount of newspaper ads (even statewide) and haven't received a call in weeks. I am spending hundreds per week. I pay to advertise on the internet and barely get any hits from that. I hear the same from other adoptive parents. Few calls and not much action. Basically, such a small percentage of women are looking to place their baby, it is getting harder and harder to adopt.

I will work on how to more effectively manage my adoption related activities and continue to place ads in hopes of finding our baby very soon. Nothing will deter me from completing our family. I guess the sleeplessness is good preparation for when the baby arrives!

No comments: