Monday, March 19, 2007

Bowling seaseon, interrupted

Like my favorite movie Girl Interrupted, so my bowling season. Seven weeks shy of completing the season, our league had to suddenly come to an end due to the collapse of the roof of the bowling alley Saturday afternoon. 100 people were there, mostly kids having birthday parties and it is a miracle everyone got out safely. I am bummed out though. My ball, bag and two pairs of shoes are in the locker and I can't get them. I also did not want to end the year like this. I had so much hope for us moving up from 4th place. I had 2nd high game!

Oh well, everything happens for a reason! Maybe I needed a break. Or maybe our baby is joining our family sooner than we think.

The repairs will be made and hopefully everything will be back to normal by fall of 2007. I was contemplating not coming back, hoping to have two kids at that time and take a year off from bowling, but I am reconsidering. I feel bad. I have been bowling there weekly for almost 14 years. I felt comfortable there, it was "my house". I knew the lanes. I used to see the same women week after week. Last thing I said to everyone was "See you next Tuesday". Twas not meant to be! What a wierd freak of nature-roof collapsing from heavy snow and ice that fell the night before! We've had 26 inch blizzards here for God's sake. I guess 10 inches of snow plus a good amount of ice were too much for the roof.

I guess on the brightside, all the equipment will be fixed. We usely to complain weekly about how the equipment kept breaking down.

Here's the story in our local paper:

Jefferson Valley Lanes roof collapses

What will I do on Tuesday nights?

No comments: