Monday, November 26, 2007

Finalization is in the air

We got the word today from our attorney that our daughter's finalization is definitely next week (Dec. 5th) at our county surrogate's court. We are so happy and excited! I already picked out what me and the girls are going to wear! I can't speak for my DH!

I guess this is the culmination of our adoption quest that began just a year ago. On Dec 11th, 2006 we had our first home study-look how far we've come in a year. Full circle actually! We will celebrate with family-maybe go out to lunch or have a cake at night. I know even though we are celebrating, I know there is a woman hundreds of miles, away, who we do care about, who still misses the baby she gave to us six months ago. Today I mailed a bunch of pictures to her attorney with a letter as our daughter is six months old. This is her birthmom's 2nd update. I sent lots of pictures this time. I hope they comfort her and do not make her feel bad. I wrote a letter telling her what's going on with our lives and asking what's new with her. I told her about our daughters likes and dislikes and milestones. It's so hard, not wanting to write anything that will make her feel bad, but yet want to tell her how much we love our daughter and are thankful to have her. We will certainly be thinking of our daughter's birthom on finalization day.

I have to say, Finalization is like Christmas a few weeks early for our family. It's better then any gift anyone could ever give us! We are so blessed this holiday season. I will continue to help those who I know hope to adopt domestically and hope to change lives in a positive way. I have been so lucky to have met so many wonderful people on our adoption journey-which actually started in 2001!

1 comment:

Colette said...

AMEN sister! I know what you are feeling with the letters. it is so hard...Congrats on a date and you must share pictures when you get them! Hugs