Monday, December 31, 2007

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

Since 2008 is hours away, I thought I would list of favorite and least favorite years of my life, there are lots of years in between that were just so/so!

Best....

2007-Although I lost my job, Jenna found her way to us and we could not be happier!

2003-Just 7 days in to the New Year and Jacqueline was finally born-healthy!

1992-The year we got married. The wedding was great, the planning was fun and the honeymoon was a blast!

1987-I met my husband senior year of High School. Senior year was great, I had a boyfriend, a car, was headed to college and really enjoyed myself that year!

1998-Lost 55 pounds in 6 months at Weight Watchers and was "On top of the world"

1999-Loved being thin and was very happy that year! We bought the house we live in that summer! Turned 30 to a surprise party and looked great!

1983-Graduated from 8th grade with all kinds of honors and was accepted at the prestigous Bronx High School of Science in NYC.

1996-A year I was at goal weight! Looked great as matron of honor in my sisters wedding-thanks again to Weight Watchers! Had a nice 30th birthday for my husband!

Worst...

2006-By far!!! Back to back miscarriages. Not being picked to be godmother to my best friend's daughter. The smartest thing I did was start the adoption process in November 2006!

2002-I lost my job at IBM, a job I really loved. I was pregnant with Jacqueline but it was a risky pregnancy and the baby was diagnosed with a rare heart problem. I was a nervous wreck. My husband's grandfather died.

2000-Just not a good year. I found out I had lyme disease and gained a lot of weight! Just was unhappy and depressed. We spent all of 2000 hoping to get pregnant-no luck!

2001-Not a good year at all. I nearly died in April of a combination of pnuemonia, pleurisy and a rare bacterial infection. Had a chest tube put in and spent 9 days in the hospital. Spent the rest of the year still trying to get pregnant.

1994-Totaled my car in July and ruined my back. Lots of pain and physical therapy were in store for me.

I have no idea what 2008 has in store for me-hopefully weight loss and a new career where I can make money and spend time with my kids. I wish for happiness, good health and good times with family and friends. I am so thankful for 2007 and the wonderful year it has been for our family!

No comments: