Thursday, May 29, 2008

Other people's happiness..

makes me happy!!! I am so lucky to be part of the coolest adoption board on the internet. I have been a member for almost a year and a half and have met some of the local members. These women are great-helpful, knowledgable, supportive, and caring. I don't know what I would have done without this group!!!

Today was a great day on the board! I woke up, logged on and found that a local member has a son! Her baby due in early July, arrived a few days ago. He came into the world very quickly and is doing great in the NICU! Rights have been terminated so he's theirs forever. Then another close friend and fellow New Yorker lets it be known that her daughter was born yesterday and released from the hospital today and is doing great. I even got to speak to the 2nd time Mom briefly today!! So exciting!! Then, I just read a post from a member who is planning on adopting from her local foster program. They received info on two sisters today during a meeting and long story, THEY HAVE TWO DAUGHTERS. The girls will start visits in a few weeks and transition to their new home! Wow-that's four new ducklings (as we call them) in the pond in just one day!!! That may be a record!

We also had a group of ladies from our board get together for a scrapbooking event. Many drove and flew hundreds of miles to get together and share their love of scrapbooking! It was nice to see pictures of the group!

I also feel good-happy to be helping others. My day started with a call from a friend I went to high school with and a chat about adoption that lasted an hour. I was giving her more info and hints as they are planning on private adoption. I also helped a local couple who are planning on a private, independent adoption by emailing them lots of helpful information, including a copy of our profile.

My calling must be for adoption. I truly get excited hearing good news regarding adoption. I also am very deeply saddenly when my friends have a setback.

I really need to get my act in order and start my adoption assistance business. I can make some money, help people create a family and really make myself happy all at the same time!!

For everyone reading this who thinks that to adopt a baby or child in the US is impossible, it's not. If you take time, do what your attorney tells you and don't give up, you will eventually be a parent. Trust me. Three couples today became parents to four children! Three couples that I personally know are on top of the world tonight!

2 comments:

wsweden said...

I am so glad to start my day reading your post. Adoption does work!

Colette said...

I feel the same way! I have told jeff and my parents that I want to do the same thing...maybe we should do it together!!!!