Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's like a heat wave......

This is day four of the New York area's pre-summer heat wave. Yesterday and today, many local schools had early dismissal as our schools are not air conditioned and the heat was just too much for staff and students. I have barely left the house since the heatwave started. Our air conditioners are on almost continuously-I can't wait to see the Con Ed bill! I don't have a choice, as my kids are little and I have asthma.

At one point today, my indoor thermometer than measure the outside temperature said 101.4 (and that was at 10:30 this AM). I did take a picture of my old outdoor thermometer, just about touching 100. I hope this early heat wave is not a preview of the kind of summer we will have. Tonight the heatwave is supposed to break, with temps only in the 80s the rest of the week. Last night at 11pM when I went to bed it was 87 degrees! That's just plain crazy!

Here's my thermometer (I have no idea how old it is and yes we need to paint our back awning big time!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time for a pool!!!