Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gentlemen start your engines....

I have been needing tires for my SUV for a long time. Finally Saturday, I decided I could not wait any longer. The front tires were bald on the sides. I love the tires I had, they were BF Goodrich and were $83 or so a tire-not bad for an SUV. When I drop the car off, the guy says they are now $110 each. I wasn't going for that. I asked "What's cheaper?"

He said he had these tires made by BF Goodrich, good quality, but they are rough and a little nosier. For $93 a tire, it was the best I could do. I can withstand a little noise-right? Well $563 dollars later (I needed an oil change and an alignment), I was good to go. OUCH!

When I drove the car out of the lot, I could immediately tell it was louder. My SUV is driving like a pick up truck and the only way I could describe the increased noise in the tires is the SWOOSH you get when all the cars pass you at a Nascar race. Seriously. I never thought tires could make that big of deal in how your car SOUNDS. I'm getting used to them-let's just put it at that. Maybe I should have shopped around more...I guess the Mark Martin license plate holder on the back of my car is appropriate now!

No comments: