Friday, June 20, 2008

There are worse things I could do....

So yesterday my older daughter graduated from pre-school. We took her to Toys R Us to pick out a new bike. She was thrilled. While I was there, I happened to spot these Grease Barbie Dolls. Never saw them before. There was just one Rizzo left. I couldn't take the chance of not having this doll. I went back to the store and bought it for myself!!! $35 on a doll for myself. Even the cashier commented on what a great doll she is!

It's ironic because I never liked dolls in the first place-ever. I just had to have it!!! I love her in her pink ladies jacket-I could just picture here saying "I'm going to RULLLLEEE the school" There are so few Barbie dolls with black hair. As a kid, I hated that all the dolls were blonde and blue eyed, I never could relate. No doll looked like me. Dolls in the 1970's didn't look like Italian girls! I love the movie Grease. I've seen the play Grease quite a few times. I was in Grease in High School (guess what part I played???). I think it will look nice next my daughter's collectible "I love Lucy" doll! My husband was a good sport about it and laughed, knowing how much I did want this doll.

So-here she is....Rizzo! Isn't she great?? There are worst things I could do, then buy a doll or two.

2 comments:

wsweden said...

Joanne,
I loved that movie as a kid. I used to pretend my barbies were the characters from the movie. Don't tell anyone, but I bought the cd a few years ago. Loved the music, too!
Makes me want to get it out and dance around to the music.

SinlessTouch said...

awww... that's a cute love doll on the pic. Anyway, reading your post made me nostalgic about Grease. It makes me want to dance!