Sunday, October 08, 2006

My prayers to the Amish Community

I am still shocked by what happed to those Amish girls in Pennslyvania. What a tremendous loss to that community. Not only the loss of young, innocent lives, but the loss of innocence itself.
They are so loving and forgiving, they immediately forgave the gunman and extended themselves to his grieving family. WOW-that is mind boggling!

They are praying for his widow in their own time of grief. No hatred or ill feelings, just love and forgiveness. I am amazed by this.

If this can happen in an Amish community, it could happen anywhere right? Are our children really safe at school? Can this happen again? Last week there was a rash of school violence and shootings around the country. I don't think I could be as forgiving if it were my child killed in a violent attack on innocent school children?

What will the future hold for our kids? An armed guard at every school-even grammar schools?
What kind of world do we live in where our kids are not safe in a classroom.

My prayers go out to this Amish Community and every community that has been terrorized by violence in school. Let's hope we can put an end to this and figure out a way to keep our kids safe!

1 comment:

Bobby and Ivy said...

I've wondered the same thing. I'm a public school teacher and my school is already talking about extra precautions to take. It's very scary out there and I worry about my kids.

Thanks for coming to see my blog!