Monday, November 20, 2006

I have the best friends...

I really do! Most of my friends that know our adoption plans have really been thinking of us and how they can help us! I am humbled by the outpouring of concern and offers to help in whatever way they can.

One friend is moving today from NY to Ireland. She has a brand new house built. She was going to look into if American couples can adopt babies born in Ireland. I think it's not possible, but appreciate her offer to research it and even suggest it. I have another friend whose sister is a nun. She is serving the church a few towns away and deals with womens services. She is talking to her sister about giving my adoption information to women that may be considering adoption. It's nice that she is thinking of ways to help her. I have another friend who moved to the US from Romania when she was 16 and is still a Romanian citizen. She wanted to see if she can do anything to help us adopt from Romanian which is now closed. She even went as far to stuggest she adopt the baby and I adopt it from her, which I know is impossible. It's almost touching to see her scratch her head and think of how she can help us. I have one friend who told me that ig she were to find herself unexpected pregnant right now, she would want us to adopt her baby. If she had thought of it sooner when her health was better, she would have tried to have a baby for us. I was blown away by this and brough to tears. Amazing friends I have.

I am a little bit upset at my best friend. She was so eager to help me adopt in 2002 and she is so much less eager now. She said it's because I have a child, she thinks it's that couples with no children should have perference. I think that is so wrong. I hope I see that spirit come back. I supported her when she entered an awful marriage she is still in and went on to have another child that she is pretty much raising on her own because her husband has no interest in doing real work involved in running a house and raising a family.

Overall though, I do have the most caring, wonderful and thoughtful friends and I know they will be of help to me in finding a birthmom or supporting me emotionally in the process. I feel so blessed. I have such a good feeling about this adoption.

No comments: