Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The three snowmen

Yes this is a wierd title, but I will explain it.

I have been working on the photo and layout for our Christmas card, which is photo of our daughter in her Christmas dress. I upload my photos to walmart and play around online for hours, enhancing the color, cropping the pictures, picking the style and ordering samples to see how the color comes out. I am a nut! Since I have quite a few Jewish friends who do like getting holiday cards, I usually get a "Happy Holidays" greeting and try to avoid religous greetings. I found one I like on the Walmart site. It has blue snowflakes, a nice font, says "Happy Holidays" and three snowmen on it.

Then it hit me. That's us-we are the three snowmen. Me, my husband and daughter. I might as well pick this greeting because I am praying this is our last Christmas as the three of us. I am hoping to be a family of four by next Christmas.

Of course, I am very aware that we should have been trying to get a three month old as well as our almost four year old to pose right now, but it did not turn out that way. I thought 2006 was going to be our year. It turned out to be a nightmare of a year. 2007 will be better!!! By January we should be good to go and placing ads for birthmothers as well as advertising online! We will be a successful adoption story!

So for this year we are the three snowmen, but next year we'll be looking for a greeting with four snowmen!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.