Sunday, April 01, 2007

Getting disgusted with adoption & responses to our ads!

I am so disgusted right now with adoption. I have two women really leading me on. One for almost two months now. She still has not filled out paperwork she received over a week ago from our attorney. She's working on it she claims. She tells me Friday night that at her sonogram, they said the baby was a boy. Part of me gets excited and part of me just doesn't believe her. I really think I am being scammed. I think she wants attention. She is yet to provide proof of pregnancy.

I will insist that my lawyer ask her for Proof of pregnancy tomorrow. No POP, no more conversations. She calls me twice a week to chat. I don't want to get more emotionally involved. I am being charged by my lawyer for all the work they are doing to get her paperwork, fedexing documents, talking to her on the phone-so although I have not given her any money-this is costing money.

We litterally have adoption ads running in 10 papers this weekend and no calls (yet). I am getting so disgusted. I wanted to cry yesterday. I keep trying to believe that a real birthmother who wants to work with us can call me at any moment and our lives could change. I have to keep believing. I just want a nice, honest birthmom to contact us. I would rather have honesty.
If you are 40 tell us. If you drank tell us. If you took drugs tell us! We are open minded people and are not looking for the perfect super baby. We are just looking for a baby to love and make part of our family.

I am even losing faith in our religion. I was in church today saying to myself "Why are we going through this after all we went through with the miscarriages?" "Why are some people getting lucky so quickly finding a baby and not us?" I keep believing our day will come.

If anyone can help us, please call us toll free at 1-877-372-6041. Our adoption website is:

http://ouradoptionplan.com

1 comment:

Colette said...

Joanne, I am o sorry this is happening to you! I know your baby is out there! Keep the faith! Hugs and Blessings!