Thursday, April 05, 2007

Good news & bad news!

OK-the good news is I did receive an encouraging adoption call from a young woman in Missouri. She is due in 8 weeks, but will probably deliver in 6 weeks. She had her other kids at 38 weeks. I am having our profile overnighted to her tomorrow. She's having a boy and sounds serious about placing. I hope she likes us!!! I felt like I clicked with her and our thoughts were on the same page as far liking the semi open adoption as the best option for everyone's sake. I hope she is serious and chooses us.

OK now for the bad news. Well kinda. Way back on December 23, I received a call from Ashley, a potential birthmom that I made contact with through mysapce. We had talked quite a bit throughout the winter and I was even helping talk her through some difficult times. She picked us to parent her baby due in mid to late August. She even called our lawyer and a local attorney. Things in her life changed. She reunited with an old boyfriend and told me she was then undecided about whether to keep the baby or place it up for adoption. I told her I understood and to take her time and think about it. She had not called me in about 6 or 8 weeks and she called me today. She and her boyfriend (whom she will be marrying at the end of the month) have decided to keep and raise her baby (which she found out is a boy). I was not surprised by her deciding to keep the baby. I was surprised and touched that an 18 year old would be responsible and mature enough to call me and let me know as soon as they made the decision. She is a very sensitive person and I know it was difficult to even tell me she was thinking of keeping the baby (she had actually written to me, because she felt bad to tell me).

I told her I was happy for her and her boyfriend and hope everything works out great for them. She can call me anytime. I completely understand her decision and thanked her for calling me and letting me know. I know it was hard for her. I told her hopefully we will both be posting pictures of newborns in a few months.

I am really touched and happy that she took a few minutes to call me. She even recommended a maternity home in FL that I should contact for adoption information. All in all, she was still concerned with us. Her family should be very proud of her. Although I am disappointed in a way, I am very happy she was honest with me and is in a much better place in life then back in December. She is happy, has a new job, is getting married and his family will be giving them the support they need to raise the baby.

Oddly enough, I am so happy for her!

No comments: