Thursday, April 19, 2007

Parent Profiles here we come!

We were activated with parentprofiles.com today.
I am getting tired and frustrated with placing ads in
newspapers. I am hoping that this increases our exposure
and we make some real birthmother contacts. I am hoping
to be one of the 18-20 success stories they claim happen
every month. Me and the other 372 hopefuly adoptive couples
listed! I was against if for the longest time, but the exposure
is worth $99 a month. We're spending so much money
adoption, what's another $99 bucks!

I am concerned that when people see our picture and
see the three of us (my daugther plus us), they will
not be interested. I know that's a silly way to think, but
I know that people are more sympathetic to childless
couples, almost to the point of descrimating against
couples with children, especially biological children.
I can't tell you how many times I heard "At least you
have your daughter, some couples have NO children!"

I think we are excellent parents, and unlike first time
parents, we have experience. We would not be nervous
when the baby has a fever and we know what to do.
We've been through all these stages before. I also know
what it's like to be pregnant and can sympathize with
birthmothers. I think we have so many positive qualities
and hope that we don't get overlooked by potential birthmoms.
Here's to matching with a birthmom! We want to be
an adoption success story!

Here's our parentprofiles site:

http://www.parentprofiles.com/profiles/db20729.html

1 comment:

Colette said...

Joanne, your profile looks great! We are in the same boat as you being in NYS! It is so dificult! I pray for you everyday! Keep us posted! My hubby doesn't want to spend the money on PP, so I am intereted to se how it goes, since we are spending money on paper ads that generate no calls! Love ya!