Sunday, August 05, 2007

Hail to our chief

NOT! It took our wonderful President two days to travel to Minneapolis to tour the damage and meet with people who were rocked by this tragedy. It took him a few days to get to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Someone on his staff should tell him that immediate response and travel is needed when an area of your country suffers a disaster. Seems to me, when Jeb Bush was the Governor of Florida and we had a bad season of hurricanes, George W., was quick to head on down to Florida, and offer condolences and aid. Hmmmm, I wonder why?

Maybe he was vacationing the last few days and hated to cut his vacation short? Maybe he didn't think it was important enough to alter his schedule immediately. Actions speak louder than words. We don't count to this president. He doesn't care about us, his people, at all. He doesn't care that gasoline is over $3 a gallon, or billions are being wasted on a war with Iraq that we never should have entered, or that a gallon of milk is $4.50 or that professional people are being layed off in drones because the work can be done cheaper in other countries. He has destroyed this country since he took office. I have no idea how many years post Bush, it's going to take to get us back on our feet again as a country.

My income and life were so much better before he took office. I had a well paying job and had just bought a nice house. I have since been layed off twice, as have many of my friends. I don't even want to go back to the IT field, since I will only be laid off in a couple of years. Jobs are not stable, they pay less then they did in most fields, interest rates are unstable, the housing market stinks and foreclosures are rampant. There is no security anymore.

All I can say is THANK GOD George will be out in 2008. Thank God there is no third term for a president. Although I would have loved to keep Bill Clinton around for one more term! I just can't wait for inauguration day in 2009!!!

No comments: