Thursday, August 02, 2007

My worst fear...

My friends and family all know my worst fear-being trapped in my car, submerged in water with my kids. I have asthma and can't hold my breath for long at all. In the unlikely event that I wound up submergered, I really don't think I would stand a chance. It scares me to death. Even more so, how would I get my girls out-strapped in the backseat in their car seats. My youngest one is now rear facing on only 2 months old. I have nightmares about it. Two months ago, I had a dream that my and my husband and the kids were driving near a lake in the fog and my husband couldn't see where the water's edge was and we went into the water. I paniced immediately and I can't even remember the rest of the dream.

I talk about my fear so much, my bowling partner Michelle bought be a device to break the car window and cut the seat belt in this kind of emergency. Now that's a friend. It gives me a little hope, but I still fear it terribilly. I will just have to put my hopes on odds and that it never ever happens to me. I will keep my little emergency device close at hand though. I pray I never meet a fate like those involved in the Minneapolis Bridge collapse. It's amazing as many people survived though, it could have been worse.

I hadn't thought about my fear in a few months. Ironically, at 6:45 Eastern Time, I took my older daughter to pajama story time at the libary and then to carvel for ice cream (buy one get one free night). On the drive home, I started to think about my fear of being submerged in water and I could not shake the thought. I came home at 8:15 PM our time and my husband immediately told me what happened. I had thought about it, before knowing it even happened. It's almost as if I had some kind of a preminition. Another proof of my 6th sense....

No comments: