Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just a plug for my friends hoping to adopt...

Just a friendly plug for my adoption buddies, hoping to adopt independently very soon! If you look to the right side of my blog, you will see links to their adoption websites. These couples are homestudy ready and waiting to adopt. I hope you keep them in mind if you know of a woman thinking of placing her baby for adoption in the near future. They are all wonderful couples who will make (or already are) terrific parents.

I am always hoping to help friends adopt. I was successful in directly helping one couple, who are friends of ours in the fall of 2007. I wish I could help them all.
I do what I can. If I could personally match each and every one of them I could. I love nothing more than to help people and make them happy! Even words of advice or encouragement to my adoption buddies are appreciated when things seem rough. Folks who adopt independently face lots of challenges on their road to becoming parents. Phone calls in the middle of the night, checking ads in newspapers only to find it ran with a mistake, placing ads and hoping for the best, dealing with scammers, etc. It's a lot and it can get stressful. It's all worth it in the end. When your son or daughter is placed in your arms, everything bad that happened to you along the way disappears and all that remains is happiness. Some potential adoptive parents get discouraged and give up on their dream-don't! You will be parents AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Help these couples become FAMILIES!

1 comment:

wsweden said...

Thanks for the plug. Your story always inspires me when I am down about the wait to our match.