Sunday, September 17, 2006

My experience on myspace.com

I had no intention of signing up for myspace.com, but I did cross paths with a potential birthmother today who lives one hour from me and claims she is determined to give the baby up. We exchanged emails and we last left off where I sent her the website to our profile. Let's see if any more communication goes back and forth. The only way I could communicate with her was to join myspace.com.

OK then I started to build a profile and search for people I went to High School with. I found a few but I unexpectedly found my former best friend from High School. "P" was always into punk, dying her hair pink at the age of 14, but in spite of how opposite we were, we were best buds for almost all of high school. Her family liked me.

Anyway, I did send her a note to contact her. I have her cell phone number but we don't call and I had not seen her in years. She got married and I did get to see a few pictures of her husband.

I have to say I am happy she got married but kind of upset by how she had changed. She has many tattoos. She had a couple last I say her. I am even used to the earring in her nose. It just seems the things she likes are kinda dark and she is very much a changed person than I knew. I knew she was going in that direction, but I thought the maturity of being in her mid 30s would stop the progession. Sounds like she drinks a lot too. I guess when we have our high school reunion next summer, I will be prepared.

I can't describe it. I was sitting at the computer and swear I could smell her distinct perfume (Gloria Vanderbilt). I was looking at a very familiar face, but the face staring back at me was totally different-does that make sense? Let's see how or if she responds to my greeting.

No comments: