Friday, September 29, 2006

Marketing yourself for a successful adoption?

Even though we can't place ads yet and probably won't be for months, I am engrossed on starting to think how we will advertise to find a birthmother. I want to find the right birthmother ASAP. Like yesterday!! A fertility friend member advised me of an adoption situation of a baby that will be born in December. We can't get approved that fast and the baby was bi-racial. Too bad it would not wok out-both parents signed consent to adopt. That was really nice of her to think of me and I think more of that networking should go on with folks adopting independently!

I revamped our old adoption site and really spruced it up with Winnie the Pooh stuff and some slick features. Hopefully it will make it more attractive.

Should we place newspaper ads-which I don't perceive as very effective, but adoptive parents tell me otherwise. The good thing is you can place ads within your own state or neighboring states and hope to adopt somewhat locally and save lots of time and money in travel.

The internet is full of sites that we can post our profile. People say that do receive a lot of contact from potential birthmoms, but not all of them are on the up and up. It's less expensive and reaches a much broader audience. But you can wind up adopting anywhere in the country.

How about just promoting my adoption website and trying to get more hits. Maybe buy webhits or pay to have it moved higher up on search engines like Yahoo or Google??

I have lots of ideas, so I hope I will be successful quickly in finding our Birthmom. I will probably do a combination of internet and newspaper ads.

Here is revamped website-please feel free to let me know what can be done to improve it or any other comments...

We are hoping to adopt a baby soon!

1 comment:

angie said...

Thanks for the comment! I love your adoption page! your daughter is a cutie. Good luck with your adoption, and don't give up. You have a baby out there!
Angie