Saturday, September 23, 2006

Tiny Dancer

Today was a gift. I got to take my daughter to her first ever dance class (tap and ballet). We were both excited and were talking about it for months. I really honestly enjoyed it! I was going to drop her off and go, but almost all the parents stayed, so I did as well. I was curious to see what they do and how she follows instructions. I am so glad I did stay. I got to see her dance in her first dance class. She is a miracle. I savored the moment, knowing realistically, I may never had this chance again. I am afraid I may never have another child and even if I do, it may be a boy! My eyes were glued on her, it was like I was watching a four star movie! She did great! She looked so cute!! I am so glad I had a chance to enjoy this moment as a parent. Parents who have to drive their kids to activies should not complain. At least they have normal kids that can join activities. There are many women who only wish they can watch their little girl in her first dance class.

The girls in her class were funny. One yelled out that her arms were hurting from holding them up, another yelled out she had to go potty and another girl surprised the teacher with a high five while they were doing their steps. At some point all the girls in the class just hugged. It was cute! Nobody fell and that is a good thing!!

All I could think of was the song Tiny Dancer by Elton John. She is my tiny dancer-her petite 30 pound body almost made for dancing.

"..Ballerina, You must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand..."

We were in the car on the way home and she said "Thank you Mommy!" I said "Thanks for what?" She said "For taking me to dance class!"

It was so worth it! I will re-arrange my Saturdays anyday for dance!!!

I did take a few pictures of Tiny Dancer before her class...here's one!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

She is so adorable!