Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Christmas Crunch

OK with one week to go, Christmas is almost upon us. I have so much to do and feel like I am running out of time. A Christmas party tonight. I just starting wrapping gifts today (I wrapped 10, I have about 50 more to go!). I have more shopping to do, ran out of tape and wrapping paper. I really need groceries, but that's another story. I feel like the clock is ticking quickly and it's going to be a mad dash to the finish. I would love to find time to get my nails done in the next week and desperately need a haircut! I am rather lucky in that I don't have to cook for the holidays and I am not working. Still I feel maxed out.

My older daughter is now old enough that I have to hide presents from her and even hide the wrapping paper. Luckily, I don't have to worry about presents with the baby-she has no idea yet! I'm sure my older daughter will be keep a close eye on her sister's presents, the wrapping paper and even the labels used, so I still have to be careful with the baby's presents. I wish I had more places to hide presents in my house! I mean really good hiding places!

Once we recover from Christmas and New Years, we go straight into our older daughter's birthday! Then after that I get a little break. Time just flies. I don't know where it goes. I hate winter and can't wait till Spring. Winter is not yet officially here and we already got a few snowstorms! UGH!

Ok now that I vented-I am very grateful to have family and children to shop for and hide presents from. I am lucky that I can afford to buy the things we need and just need to find time to get out. I am blessed to have family to have holidays with and thankful for the house we have, even thought the driveway is a b*tch to shovel LOL! In spite of my last minute holiday panic I am very very grateful-2007 has been a wonderful year! I will survive my Christmas Crunch-I do every year!

No comments: