Friday, December 14, 2007

Just call me Mom....

I hope that when my younger daughter someday introduces me to her friends, she introduces me as "Mom" not "my adoptive Mom". It sounds silly to worry about it now, but I do think about it. I just want to be her Mom, with no other distinction.

I am determined to raise and treat my two girls equally in every way. I would never introduce them based on how they came into our family. I often use "my older daughter" and "my younger daughter", but I think that's fine. I can see how people forget a child is adopted after being in their family so long. I don't think of my younger daughter as adopted, I just think of her as mine. After not even seven months of having her, I can't imagine life without her.

So sweetheart, it will make me happy, if you simply introduce me as Mom! Nothing would make me happier!

No comments: