Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mamacita, Donde esta Santa Claus??

I LOVE that song from Augie Rios. My mother used to sing it to my older daughter all the time. So much so, that she has always called her Mamacita. Not Grandma, not Grammy, not Nana, just Mamacita.



Back in August, I was surfing youtube and found a video of a young boy lipsynching to this song. It was great-cute kid, good editing. My daughter and I loved it. I did catch that the man referred to his son as "late". I was intrigued and did a a little research. This father lost his son earlier in 2007 in a car accident. This little boy who was grinning and singing on my computer, was no more. I did not want to tell my four year old and upset her, so we just watch it and sing. I did email the father who posted the video and tell him I was sorry for his loss, how much we enjoy his son's video and how special that song is to my daughter. I sent him that note in August.



Yesterday he responded. He says it makes him happy to know people watch the video. Him and Jason had a great time making it. He says my note meant a lot to him and that my daughter should keep on singing Mamacita! How humbling!!



What's amazing is how two strangers can reach out to each other. Words of kindness exchange. We had nothing in common expect we were both parents and both loved this one song. It just goes to show how strangers can make a small difference in each other's lives. Words of kindness do make a difference!



Also remember not to take your children for granted. Treasure them every single day. We never know what life his in store for our loved ones. I am sure this father never thought he would be spending Christmas 2007 without his son!



Enjoy the video!

No comments: