Monday, August 07, 2006

Big BBQ

Yesterday I had a big BBQ for my family. It was my sister's birthday celebration (her actual birthday is today). I had my sister and brother, parents and grandparents. With the kids we were 12 people. You have to understand my family.

The weather was a gorgeous 80 degrees with low humidity but my family doesn't like being outside. I made tons of food-enough for about 20 people-and there were hardly any leftovers. Hello-did they not eat all day because they were coming to my house or what? We had birthday cake and sang and it was nice to be together, but I have to tell you, it was a lot of work with very little help or thanks.

I had to clean the house, buy the food (which adds up when you buy meat and beer) and prepare some food. My husband had to clean all the patio furniture (which nobody sat on) and stand over a hot grill for nearly an hour.

I'm all for going out on birthdays. I volunteered for this because we skipped our usual 4th of July BBQ and I did not want my sister having to do this work the day before her birthday.

I'm glad I did it, but I hope I don't have to do that again for a while. My birthday is Labor Day weekend-I'm all set to be invited to somebody else house for a BBQ!

No comments: