Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tennis Anyone??

I had a blast yesterday. I went to the Pilot Pen Tennis Open in New Haven, CT and met my friend Jill there! It was a good meeting place between where we live and we have talkedabout going to a tennis tournament for years now.The weather was great and I did not get lost. I finally made it to Yale University (The matches were held on Yale's facility). I got tan, drank tons of water, visited other courts, saw some matches up close and got to hang out with one of my best friends-very cool! She surprised me and said my ticket was my birthday present-that was such a nice surprise.

The only downer was when I parked at the tennis center,I noticed my front passsenger side tire looked very low. It really concerned me. I told me friend and I decided to just enjoy the day. When we left, I was glad to see it had not gotten worse. We went to the closest gas station, where I put air in it and prayed it would stay inflated for my 90 minute ride home. As I was driving(and praying), I called a local tire place and they said to bring it right in. It turns out, I had a big nail in the tire and was losing air quickly.I am lucky I made it home and that I did not have a blow out.It could not be repaired. I did too much damage by driving the tireas many miles as I did. So 1/2 hour and $100 later, I had a matching tire and was good to go. I still had a great time.Too bad I had that tire on my mind the whole time.

God was good to me. I made it home safely. That's the way I look at it! A good time with a good friend is absolutely priceless. Something money just can't buy. For everything else there's Mastercard!

US Open here I come!!!

No comments: