Saturday, August 19, 2006

Poor JonBenet Ramsey

Will she ever rest in peace. It's almost 10 years later and the same images are playing over and over again on my TV. It's like time stood still in a sense. I don't think the sicko that confessed actually did it. I think he is just a wacko that was obsessed with her and wants attention. I guess time will tell if he really had a role in this.

I do feel bad for her family. Although her mother recently passed, it must be terribly painful for her Dad and brother. If he is not the killer and all these memories are being dug up for nothing, it's even more heinous.

In 1996, I was married and had no intention of having a baby anytime soon. I saw what happened to JonBenet and felt terrible-an innocent little girl was killed. Now watching that footage all over again 10 years later means so much more. I am a mother now, of a beautiful 3 year old girl and look at everything with a new set of eyes. Now her murder is tragic and heartbreaking, I can't even imagine how her mother felt-her only little girl gone. Then the parents under the umbrella of suspicion for years. It's every parent's worst nightmare. I couldn't even fathom something like that happened to my daughter. Because I am a mother now, her death bothers me 100 times more than in did in late 1996.

I hope JonBenet rests in peace. It seems that for the past 10 years she has not. Maybe the real killer will be caught and her soul may find peace. She is just one example of thousands of innocent children killed every year by disturbed adults whose actions are premeditated.

This is the world we live in. Sad.

No comments: