Saturday, August 12, 2006

I hope you dance

I love that song-I hope you Dance. I started to like in in early 2001. I decided I was going to start living my life and "dancing" and not letting life pass me by. In late April of 2001, I was stricken with a stange bacterial infection, plueracy and pneumonia and almost died. I was in intensive care and spent 10 days in the hospital. Had I waited one more day for medical treatment, I would be dead. I decided from that point on I was going to "dance" and not sit anything out.

I decided to take chances, go places and do things I never would have done before. I ventured in to the world of adoption, bought myself a truck because I was tired of driving a sentra all my life!

In 2004 by best friend played it at her wedding and dedicated it to her then 7 year old daughter. I now hear the song and don't think my myself anymore. I think of my own daughter and how I hope to see her "dance" in life and live it to the fullest. I know at 3 1/2, she has her whole life in front of her, but I hope she ventures out, travels, meets people, does things, takes chances and grabs every good oportunity life has to offer. Nobody told me that as a kid, but I will tell her that when she is old enough. I don't want her wasting years sitting on the sidelines while life passes her by. I know better now. If I did not learn from my hospital experience in 2001, I certainly learned from 9/11/2001. It hit too close to home-litterally-45 miles or so!

Even when I have a bad day now and God knows I have had enough of those lately, I am so thankful for what I have. My life, my family, my friends, my talents and my faith. I almost lost it five years ago. My life could be gone in the blink of an eye. I hope what people remember most about me is that I LIVED LIFE!

"WHEN YOU GET THE CHOICE TO SIT IT OUT OR DANCE-I HOPE YOU DANCE"

1 comment:

Jennefer said...

You have a great blog here. I would love to link to it.

Thanks for the inspiration!