Sunday, August 06, 2006

How come nobody tells you this stuff?

How come nobody tells you when you gain weight? I am losing weight and people are starting to notice and I am getting some compliments-great! How come nobody said anything when I gained 20 pounds from one year ago?

I know it's not something you usually say to people, but you think close friends or family would have said something. I would not expect it of co workers, but other people in my life could have mentioned it. I have a scale and I knew I was gaining, but was not ready to do anything about it with all the other challenges of 2006. I have lost and gained weight many times in my life and yet nobody tells you when you look like you gained. Why is that?

People like my best friend, husband, etc. say "I see you all the time and I can't tell". Everyone else who is not close to me probably notices but in the interest of being polite wouldn't say anything.

Whatever the case is-I know the deal and I am TRYING to lose weight. Compliments do help! Exercise helps lose inches and I am getting compliments on the inches I have lost (or so it seems).

No comments: